Main content of the website

Animal Control

  • font size:A
  • A
  • A
Licensing Your Pet

All residents of the RM of Springfield are required according to By-Law No. 18-03 to obtain a license for their DOG(s) and CAT(s).

Cats used for the control of rodents on rural farms are exempt.

Licenses are available to download and print below and can be brought to the Municipal office for registration and payment at 100 Springfield Centre Drive in Oakbank during regular business hours or online through Virtual City Hall (see below for more details). Proof of rabies shots, spayed or neutering may be required.

Any Breed $35.00 per dog OR cat to a maximum of $75.00 per household 

Please note:  Pets over the age of 6 months requires a license.

Printable Dog License Registration Form

Printable Cat License Registration Form

Online Registration: To register your pet online through Virtual City Hall, please visit the Pet License Application page by clicking here. Applications submitted through Virtual City Hall will receive the pet license and tags via mail.

Please note that a Virtual City Hall account is required to complete the online application and payment. To learn how to create an account, please visit the Virtual City Hall page and watch the video tutorial. 

Animal Management Services

The Municipality currently contracts the services of Rural Animal Management Services (RAMS) for all Animal Control By-Law enforcement matters.  Please contact them directly with any concerns and/or complaints at (204) 223-5521 (monitored 24/7).


Animals are held for approximately 3 to 7 days, before other alternatives are considered.

Lost and Found

Please call RAMS to report a lost or found dog cat or other animal. Contacts:

Springfield Police Service(204) 444-4308
Health of Animals (Federal)(204) 983-2219
Manitoba Agriculture, Food & Rural Initiatives (Dugald)(204) 853-5170
Provincial Veterinarian’s Office1-888-945-8001

Dog and/or Cat License Information