Curbside Waste Collection Program
The Curbside Waste Collection Program is provided to residents based on geographical density and cost-effective service.
Curbside Waste Collection is provided on two (2) routes;
- Rural Collection Route: collecting waste and recycling materials from the communities of Dugald, Anola, Glass, Vivian, Hazelridge, Cooks Creek, Prairie Grove;
- Urban Collection Route: collecting waste and recycling materials within the Town of Oakbank;
The program employs Emterra Environmental as our Curbside Waste Collection service provider, and has been since 2013.
What is an Automated Cart Based System?
- An Automated Cart Based System involves the use of a single Waste Collection Truck with mechanical arms that pick up and tip the contents of the Cart (Waste or Recycling) into the truck’s collection container for clean, quick and easy waste collection service.
What Does This Mean For You?
- All rural and urban collection route residences were switched to the Automated Cart Based System with an expected In-Service Date of May 2nd, 2021;
- Each residence received 2 – 240 L (64 USG) Waste Container (1 Grey for Waste and 1 Blue for Mixed Recyclables), complete with individual barcode and unique identifier to each residence;
As part of the upgrade to the Automated Cart Based System (ACBS), the Service Provider (Emterra) and the Water and Waste Department worked to refine an updated Waste and Recycling Collection Schedule Change to improve service in Municipality.
RURAL ROUTE COLLECTION (Anola, Glass, Vivian, Hazelridge, Cooks Creek, Prairie Grove) - MONDAY weekly
NORTHWEST QUADRANT OAKBANK - TUESDAY weekly
SOUTHWEST QUADRANT OAKBANK - WEDNESDAY weekly
NORTHEAST QUADRANT OAKBANK + DUGALD* - THURSDAY weekly
SOUTHEAST QUADRANT OAKBANK - FRIDAY weekly
*Please see updated route collection schedule below
ROUTE / QUADRANT COLLECTION
NORTHEAST OAKBANK + DUGALD
Accepted Curbside Waste Collection System Recyclables
Unaccepted Curbside Waste Collection System Recyclables
- All recyclable materials can be placed co-mingled in the value cart. When in doubt please check the number on the plastic material to see if it is recyclable. If there is no number it is not a recyclable material.
- At curbside all material listed above can be placed loosely in your blue cart. Please place newspapers in a plastic clear bag, or shopping bag left open in your blue box. Cardboard should be folded square, tied and placed inside your blue cart.
If you have any questions, or need information on how you can reduce, reuse and recycle, contact the Water and Waste Department at 204-444-7359 between 7:00 am and 4:30 pm Monday through Thursday or between 7:00 am and 3:30 pm on Friday.