The COVID-19 response level on the province’s Pandemic Response System is being raised to restricted (orange) from caution (yellow) to reflect the increased severity of risk, effective Tuesday, October 5, 2021.
- New public health orders will allow fully vaccinated Manitobans to continue to enjoy as much freedom and as few restrictions as possible. Unvaccinated individuals who are eligible to be vaccinated will now be more restricted in their activities. This includes:
- limiting private indoor gatherings for households to guests from one other household when any unvaccinated person who is eligible to be vaccinated is present on the property (even if the unvaccinated person lives at that location);
- limiting private outdoor gatherings for households to 10 guests when any unvaccinated person who is eligible to be vaccinated is present on the property (even if the unvaccinated person lives at that location);
- reducing indoor public gathering group sizes to 25 people or 25 per cent capacity, whichever is lower, for gatherings that include unvaccinated people who are eligible to be vaccinated, including weddings and funerals; and
- setting indoor group sizes for faith-based gatherings to 25 people or 33 per cent capacity, whichever is greater, for gatherings that include unvaccinated people who are eligible to be vaccinated.
Fully immunized Manitobans and those under 12 who are not eligible for the vaccine may gather without capacity limits in each of these areas. Household gatherings, weddings, funerals and faith-based gatherings can occur for fully vaccinated individuals and those under 12 without any restrictions.
The new orders are expected to expire Oct. 26, 2021.
Please visit Province of Manitoba - Pandemic Response System for more updates on COVID-19 from the Province of Manitoba.
The RM of Springfield require masks be worn by all public entering RM buildings.
Playgrounds and parks / Community Centers
Parks and playgrounds are open.
Community Services Department Programming and Services and Special Event Permits
The Community Services Department is now offering a selection of programs and recreation resources on line. Please visit the Community Services section on the municipal website for further details. Suggestions related to programming, supports or alternative resources are also welcomed; please contact Jessie Chase to provide input. The Service to Seniors office is open and operational. The Springfield Handi-van is operating. Please contact Jessie Chase at 204-444-6166, or email Jessie Chase, to book the van.
Animal Control – remains operational.
By-Law Enforcement – remains operational.
Curbside garbage and recycling pickup – remains operational. To help prevent the spread of COVID-19 & for the safety of our communities, collection & sorting staff, ensure medical waste like used tissues, disinfecting wipes, face masks & rubber gloves are not included in your recycling bins.
Flood Prevention Management – maintenance and prevention will continue as usual.
Fire Response – remains operational.
Transfer Stations – remain operational. RM staff and residents are asked to follow physical distancing measures.
Water & Wastewater Services – remains operational.
Important reminder regarding disinfectant wipes
Sanitary products and sanitary wipes are not to be disposed (flushed) down the sewer system. These products are to be disposed of in the garbage. Although they may say “flushable” or “septic safe” on the packaging, they are most definitely not flushable or septic safe.
These products will cause damage and blockages to either personal sewer systems (septic systems, holding tanks) and municipal sewer systems
Springfield Food Bank
The Springfield Food Bank is looking for your support during this difficult time. The Food Bank remains open every Saturday morning and will continue to help those in our community who are struggling to put food on the table. Your financial contribution has never been needed more. Cheques can be dropped in the mail slot at the RM of Springfield office or sent to the following address:
Rural Municipality of Springfield
Box 219, 100 Springfield Centre Drive
Please make cheques payable to the RM of Springfield with a note attached asking that the proceeds are directed to the Springfield Food Bank. A receipt will be provided for income tax purposes.